Friday, 09 May 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Because I've been tagged, I now need to reveal 7 things about me that you might not know. It's going to be fun, I don't have any idea what I'm going to write.

1. Me - I am adopted. I was born in Edinburgh at the Elsie Engels Hospital. I did not return home with my birth mother, but instead went to a foster family. At 3 months I was placed with my parents now. So I have 2 birthdays, August 30th and December 16th. And I am an only child. (Can hear you all saying - Oh that explains a lot - LOL!!!)

2. Movies - I am a rom-com junkie. All and any, I love romantic comedies. I've seen them all and have a huge personal collection. I can watch them over and over.

3. Music - I play the flute and the piano. The flute was my "thing" and I played it grade 5 through 12. I carried on for a bit at university, but just didn't have the time.

4. My name - I absolutely detest my full name (Judith). I get shivers down my spine when anyone says it. My mum used to do it when she was cross with me as a child. And Roland does it now to send me over the edge. And the German version, when I hear that I'm not responsible for my actions. It is pronounced U-dit!!!

5. School - I was at boarding school from grade 7 to grade 12. We were living in Cape Town and I was at school in Grahamstown, DSG. I loved it. We had a 3 term year, so I'd be gone January to April, May to August and September to December. And I was home for 4 weeks in between - that is if I wasn't off on a swimming camp, hockey tour or some musical thing.

6. Restaurants - I love eating out at nice restaurants. Being in a different environment changes the whole experience for me. I love La Colombe, everything is in French and the food is exquisite. Wijnhuis, where I've been this week is fabulous. The food is divine, the atmosphere one of the best. The Tasting Room at La Quartier Francais is incredible. There's Jakes, Myoga... I could go on and on.

7. Coffee - I'm an addict. I love coffee. I have a coffee mug for my car and before I take the kids to school in the morning, I fill it up. And I have a series of places to visit for great cappucino. Manuka is near where we live and I've spent many mornings there sipping cappucino. And the good part about Manuka is that they have a fantastic wine shop next door.

Thanks Chris, this was a blast!

No comments: