
On Wednesday I left home early to fetch the girls because I had a meeting at their school. During the meeting my phone rang, but as I didn't recognise the number I ignored it. It rang again, but it was Roland so I ignored him too. But when he phoned straight back I figured I needed to answer it.
The first call was the school because Hannah had a seizure at school. When I had ignored it, they had phoned Roland. Luckily I was only 100m from her classroom, so I dropped everything and ran. Another mum (Jacqui) realised what had happened so ran with me. Helen (Hannah's FANTASTIC teacher) had administered the valium and was sitting with Hannah in her arms.
Jacqui drove me to the hospital which, luckily, is only 5 minutes from Springfield. She was put onto oxygen and monitored in ER before being moved to paediatric high care.
We did all the blood tests and discovered her medication levels were too low and on top of that she had a bacterial infection which had caused the seizure. I'm feeling pretty crap about it as I should have done her tests in March and April and didn't. Somehow she was doing so well I just left it. But she had put on weight so obviously needed a higher dose.
She will hopefully be home tomorrow or Saturday.
2 comments:
Poor baby!
Ai Judy! That little body in hospital breaks my heart. Good luck! Heleen xxxx
Post a Comment