Saturday, 10 July 2010

Football Fever in Franschhoek

Franschhoek was fully kitted out in FIFA World Cup 2010 inspired regalia. Shops, restaurants and even trees! Even the market traders along the main road had converted by Footie Fever!

This was painted on a wall down a quiet alleyway. Note the ever present Vuvuzela!


We stumbled upon this courtyard down a side road. It looked amazing, with flags strung from corner to corner, and all 4 walls sporting flags and soccer jerseys from the participating countries.


Not officially a Footie Fever Foto, but I think the only trader that had not converted his entire store to soccer stuff! Plus I think this locally produced pottery is pretty cool.


Now this is what I mean by market trader conversion to soccer!


A very tactfully patriotic shop! French colours for the French Huguenots and perfectly placed South African flags on top.


Even the trees have been decorated. I think this one might be suffering from a slight identity crisis though - it is in the garden of an Italian restaurant, yet kitted out French. Go figure!


Family photo - and Steven - with a very large South African supporter teddy bear. On an equally large chair.


Italy, Germany, USA, South Africa. And France of course.

No comments: