Thursday, 15 July 2010

Cape Town FIFA Fan Fest

Everything about the 2010 Soccer World Cup was FANTASTIC and I have to say I am truly proud to be South African. Fan Fest Venues were set up in cities all around South Africa (as well as in Paris, Rome, Rio, Mexico City, Berlin and Sydney). There was no entry fee, allowing everyone to experience the World Cup. The Cape Town venue was amazing (as were all the others). Andrea and I took the kids to see it the day of the South Africa - France match, though we did decide it would be better to go before the match started while the other entertainment was taking place

The "GEES" was incredible, the people AMAZING and the organisation great. I'm so glad we were able to experience it and for the kids to see it too.


The main screen at the Cape "Town fest".  There were a number of other screens in places around the venue.


Gum boot dancers on the stage.


Vuvuzela band!  They were actually pretty good (though they did have a couple of "proper" instruments!)


Andrea giving Hannah a "lift"! 


In the crowd... Andrea with Hannah, Oliver and Megan.  You can just see Cameron on the left - he was DONE for the day with anything soccer related!

No comments: