Ok, well most of you know this already, but for anyone who doesn't - I have had enough. I am done with the crime, the racism, the crap politics. I am sick to death of saying goodbye to friends who immigrate. I've got to the point I never thought I would reach... I am finished with living in South Africa.
And I think Roland is getting there too. He finally said to me tonight that this weekend is dedicated to his CV. Ideally he can get a job in London ASAP to earn foreign currency. And from there we can decide.
With our passports and our skills, the world is our oyster. But there are obviously limitations. We speak German, we could go to Austria, Germany or Switerland. But then we are dealing with more than just moving. There is a language change and a different culture. I think that is more than I can handle.
So our options are as follows...
England, Canada, Ireland, United States, Australia, New Zealand.
We've gotta figure this out. I can't do this much longer.
5 comments:
Can I vote? I say USA!
I wish you all the best...what a tough decision. Your a strong mom!!
Tanya (the bailey boys)
Yahoo for a final decision. They all sound like wonderful places...although I tend to lean towards the US :)
Can't wait to hear you guys have safely immigrated!
What a tough decision all around - but a good one it seems. We will be thinking of you! Selfishly, I'd love to see you come to the US!! :)
Sheri
I vote for the US as well! :) Where ever you go though, I hope you can make it happen soon and safely!
Post a Comment