Today has been a very strange day for me. It is an anniversary that is so important in my life, but not a day that other people in my life think about or remember. And it is the day after our wedding anniversary, so I'm never going to forget it!
Today, 2 years ago was, without doubt, the worst day of my life. It was a Sunday, the day of the Argus cycle tour. We weren't meant to be at home, we were meant to be at a champagne breakfast with friends in Noordhoek. For some reason our baby sitter cancelled the night before. I still believe that is what saved Hannah's life.
We made breakfast for the kids at around 8am. It was all going well until Hannah dropped her spoon. I thought it was just an accident, but realised fairly quickly there was a bigger problem.
I thought she was having another stroke. But after a high speed trip to the hospital, was told it was a status epilepticus seizure.
She had to be resuscitated. I sat for an hour in the ER, waiting to hear if my angel was going to survive.
My little Hannah is the most amazing little girl I have ever met. She has overcome so many obstacles, yet is still riding the high road.
There are so many people that have supported me along the way, thank you all so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment