Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Drinks at Quay 4 Pre-Soccer

After hearing advice on the radio to "leave home for the soccer 4 hours before the start" we did exactly that. And a good thing it was too when we came to a complete stop at the edge of the city. It took us 1 1/2 hours to go a distance of not much more than 1km into the Waterfront. We still had a couple of hours (and only a 5 minute walk to the stadium) so headed to Quay 4 for drinks.


Roland and I kitted out in R's company beanies!


Roland and Steven - I guess they've both got a mouth of beer - with R's Old Mutual vuvuzela. I bought ear plugs to take to the match to block out that crazy droning sound - they were called "Plug-a-zelas"!!! Strangely enough though, I didn't use the earplugs, the noise in the stadium is much much better than on tv.


Fully kitted out to stay warm on a freezing Cape Town evening. Took along my Italy supporters vuvuzela (even though I can't properly play it) and my South Africa scarf!


Steven and Roland - looking slightly more normal!

No comments: