The first friend I made when we moved to South Africa was Andrea. And we have been friends ever since. 25 years, I think that is a pretty long time.
Her mum was my second mum, I spent most Friday evenings at their house. And even though Andrea wasn't here when my kids were born, her mum was here every time. She gave me the great gift of a Saturday to myself when the triplets were born. One of the most precious gifts I was given.
Pam died last night. She was diagnosed only a few months ago with liver cancer. And she went so fast. After visiting Andrea in Johannesburg only 2 weeks ago, on Monday she sat up for the last time.
Pam and Mike, you were always my second family. Thank you, I love you. And Pam, I'll miss you always.
Andrea and Jan, I can't even begin to know what you are going through, but all my love and prayers are with you.
1 comment:
I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend and second mom.
I am also sad to hear of the loss of you from our parents of triplets group. I wish you well always and will continue to keep up with you in your blog.
Hugz,
Daddy Scotty H. (Tripletdad7)
Post a Comment