
I think we must've spent most of November at various Christmas concerts and parties! Megs had demo concerts for all the extra things she does at school like Action Ball and Kindermusik.
And a big ballet concert. It was on a Saturday morning for all the girls that do Ballet at Springfield - from pre-reception to grade 2. Megan was in the first year of ballet which is just an intro. They start doing Royal school of ballet syllabus from the reception year. But then again, although she is as light as a bird on her feet, I don't think she can keep still enough to have a professional future as a ballerina!!!

Athough I must say she did look the perfect part, and danced like an angel!
Then we had the Nativity Plays. Now I really have to admire Janine, Kerry, Heather-Lee, Nosipho and Lindela for organising a 40 minute performance by 50 3, 4 and 5 year olds. I can't organise three 3 year and one 5 year olds!

Well Prand decided to change the play from previous years so that all the kids had a more specialised role. So instead of the usual angels and shepherds, kings, Joseph and Mary, there were some additions. Pretty much an entire farmyard actually! So I had a shepherd (Oliver), a monkey (Hannah) and an elephant (Cameron). Boy was the monkey role appropriate! But I guess we knew that before she hit the stage!!!

It was so amazing to watch my three little people singing and dancing and having such an amazing time. Although, it's quite scary to realise how quickly they are growing up.

And then there was Meg's concert. It was gorgeous. Her class were all angels and they really looked the part with proper angel costumes.

Unfortunately she got really sick 2 days before so hadn't been at school. But she was desperate to be in the concert so we dosed her up and took her along (she wasn't contagious in case anybody was wondering - it was done with doctor approval!). They had set up a stage in the school gardens so we all sat with our picnic baskets on the lawns waiting for the big moment. They looked so sweet trooping down, but then we saw Meg. She looked miserable, but went up onto the stage. She managed about half of the concert then came down to sit with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment